Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First part done, 2 to go

I am so excited to announce that I have finished the shirt part of Moose’s Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon Costume! I think it has turned out pretty cute and it fits him really well! I did have to add a little extra fabric to the back that I wasn’t expecting, but luckily it wasn’t very much and will be hidden by the fake fur vest that I’ll be making him or by a sweat shirt if he needs one to help keep him warm.
My current project for his costume is Toothless the dragon. I decided to save the vest for last since (I’m hoping) it will be the easiest to make. I was hoping that Toothless would be both fun and fairly easy, but so far it is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I had expected. I honestly hope that I don’t run into anymore road blocks or difficulties with putting it together or I may have to put it off until after I make the vest and hope it gets done before Halloween. I do have the body and tail cut out of the fabric, so if all goes as planned, I’ll just need to design and cut out the wings, then sew everything together, stuff it, and then add all of the embellishments. But, like I said, that’s if everything goes as planned and we all know that things usually don’t go as planned.; especially when you have a crazy kid running around who likes to steal things, getting into stuff you didn’t realize he could reach, and you have to do most of your work when you are half awake after said crazy child is finally asleep at night. Regardless of how it goes, I will finish Toothless at some point, and when I do, I’ll be sure to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment