Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pure Shea Butter Review

I am one of those people who has extremely dry skin. It's honestly a curse. 
In the summer, it's bad. In the winter, it's worse.
The biggest problem I have run into is finding products that moisturize, I am comfortable having around the kids, and help keep my skin not only hydrated, but soft.
On top of those requirements, I can't really afford to pay out the nose for products that will be gone in a week due to needing to be applied every few hours.
I've always heard good things about shea butter, so when I saw a post to try and review shea butter, I jumped at the chance.


The shea butter I tried comes from the company Cleopatra's Choice and was purchased through amazon (I will link where you can buy later).
Cleopatra's Choice shea butter is 100% natural, organic shea butter made with the finest hand selected nuts from shea trees in Ghana.
The one I got is an ivory colored African shea butter. I arrived in the tub and is very solid, so no worrying about it melting and having to deal with nasty messes.
I'll admit, the fact that it has stayed solid has been really nice since Moose has tried to get into it a few times and I don't have to worry about him making a huge mess all over the floor.
I started using the shea butter on my arms a couple of days after I received it and noticed that my arms stayed softer longer than they do with any other processed lotion.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any good pictures that could show how dry my skin was before vs. how soft it is now. 
Maybe in the winter, I'll stop using it for a week or so and see if I can document a difference.
This last weekend, I got a pretty good sunburn and started using the shea butter on that as well. In just a couple of days I've already noticed a difference.
My skin doesn't feel hot to the touch any more and the redness is beginning to go away already.
My next experiment will be to try it out on the stretch marks my boys have graced me with. 
I plan on documenting if there is any difference for a month to give the shea butter plenty of time to help repair the skin damage.

Those are just a few of the things I plan to use my shea butter for. Other great uses for pure shea butter are: natural relief from dry skin, psoriasis, eczema, stretch marks during pregnancy, hair care and more.
It is so amazing for your skin due to it containing Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin F. It doesn't clog pores, so you can literally use it anywhere with out worry and is highly moisturizing and long lasting.

For the amazing price of just $19, you can get a one pound, resealable tub of shea butter.
Yes, you read that right. a one pound tub.
And it's completely resealable so you don't have to worry about it trying out.

You can find Cleopatra's Choice shea butter here on amazon to buy some for yourself: Cleaoparta's Choice Shea Butter on amazon

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment