Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact (Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox Part 4)

I was so excited to try out the NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact ($4.99) when I saw it in the box.
I am a huge fan of eye shadow, especially blacks and grays, but have never bought one of the eye shadow sets. I usually buy single compacts and mix and match the colors to get the effect that I want, but was very excited to try something new. I have to say, I love it.
I didn't get to try out the eye shadow compact the night I received it, but I have used it almost every day since the morning after. I can make the colors lighter for a nice day time smokey eye, or darker for a night time smokey eye on the occasion that I go out at night, or just want a nice dark smokey eye.
The compact not only comes with 4 colors (all over color, highlight, and 2 contour colors) but it comes with a base and illuminator as well. The base was a great addition to the set, it is nice and creamy and very easy to apply. I typically just use my foundation as an eye shadow base, and while it works fine, the base worked even better. The eye shadow stayed on better than my shadows have ever stayed on after using the base, even after rubbing my eyes several times. Without the base, I would have rubbed half of my make up off halfway through my day, but with the base I had all day eye color!
The illuminator was not my favorite addition to the compact. It can add some extra shine to the shadow to make it pop. It is creamy which makes it easy to apply, but also makes it very easy to smear other make up. The white shadow can be used in a similar way and since it is powder doesn't smear already applied shadow. I haven't used it much over the shadow, but have found that it works decent on the insides on the eyes for a highlight and on some other highlight points on the face.
It is definitely a great deal from NYC and a great addition to any make up collection, be it make up lover's collection or an addition to an occasional wearer's small stash.

All opinions in this post are mine, and mine alone. I was given a free product from Influenster.com to review and tell the world about. I was not paid for my review, nor was I asked to write a positive review. I write reviews true to the product that I am given to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment