Friday, October 26, 2012

Goodie Simple Styles Spin Pin (Beauty Blogger Review part 2)

The first product that I pulled from my Influenster Beauty Blogger Vox Box was the Goodie Simple Styles Spin Pin ($7.29).
I was so excited to get to try them out. I have seen them in stores and was intrigued with how they worked, but never had the money to blow on a hair care product that I wouldn't use everyday and may not work with my shorter, layered hair. I like to wear my hair in a bun on occasion and always use a million bobby pins to try and  keep it in place for a few minutes, so I hoped that they would work out better than the bobby pins. The first time I tried them, with slightly greasy hair, I was pleasantly surprised. I got my hair up in the perfect messy bun, just the way I like it and the pins held it in place longer than bobby pins ever have!
I was a little less excited the second time I tried them on freshly washed, air dried hair. My hair can be a bit hard to manage if I let it air dry and don't do anything with it right away (although I did have the Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream in my hair at the time)so I wasn't hoping for much. I got what I was expecting. I got my hair up into the binn and I struggled to get the pins to hold my hair in anything resembling a bun. Sections kept falling out so I ended up adding several bobby pins to hold it up the way I wanted.
Even with the struggle that I had the second time, I still love the pins and will continue to use them when my hair is starting to get greasy, before I get a chance to take a shower. I definitely recommend them to everyone who anyone who likes to put their hair in a bun and wants to quit using a million bobby pins, or just want a little extra help keeping it in place through the day.

All opinions in this post are mine, and mine alone. I was given a free product from Influenster.com to review and tell the world about. I was not paid for my review, nor was I asked to write a positive review. I write reviews true to the product that I am given to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment