Saturday, September 8, 2012

Just one of those days...

Do you ever have "one of those days"? The type of day when it seems like everything that could go wrong will go wrong and you wish that there was a remote to life so you could fast forward the day and just get it over with? Today is one of those days for me.
For some reason after the most sleep I've had in a while, I was still exhausted. Moose decided to get into and touch everything he knows he isn't supposed to and proceeded to scream at me when I made him stop. In an attempt to let my husband sleep longer, I decided to take Moose to go pick up prescriptions, buy new frames and print out some pictures. I realized half way down our street that I forgot both my camera (with SD card) and the disk with our family pictures. We went back, got the stuff and we're on our way. After picking out our frames, Ethan and I headed over to the DIY photo machines only to find out they didn't "open" for 15 minutes. 15 minutes later, we were well on our way... Or so I thought. The touch screen on the computer wasn't working right, 45 minutes after sitting down, a fussy, impatient child, and lots of frustration later, I was ready to print my pictures. We found some new frames that fit out new needs while we waited for the pictures to be prepared and when we got to the printer, an hour after the computers becoming available, it wasn't working. After waiting for the electronics guy to restart it, go let the person in charge of the photo department (who happened to have gone through and turned all of the printing stuff on but apparently difn't care enough to make sure it was working) know it was broke. She finally showed up, looked at the printer and informed me it would take even longer as she had to replace a part. Needless to say, I walked out without my pictures and without the frames.
A few more inconveniences  and annoyances occurred through the day and then I got one of the texts I have been dreading. My mom's little King Charles Spaniel named Reggie passed away. Tears welled in my eyes. I know he was old. I know he was blind, deaf, and had some other problems, but he had survived so much. So much so that we joked that he was part cat (what other dog could survive almost bleeding out, a Rottweiler attack, jumping off a second story balcony, etc, etc and not be part cat?). It was just assumed that he would live forever. Unfortunately, at 1:48pm on September 8, I learned that he wasn't invincible. That he was mortal, and that today he had passed away. I felt immediate sadness and the overwhelming was to hug my mom. Since I couldn't be with my mom, I made do with a text expressing my sorrow, a post to Facebook and text to a friend to get the word out to those who would need it, and I came here, to write out my feelings. 
Today is one of those days where I am particularly happy to have this blog to come to. Even if no person was ever to read this post, I was able to get it off my chest.
Have you ever lost a pet that you were particularly close to? How did you "deal" with the loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment