Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Preparing for October and all of it's fun.

October is a big month for my family with lots of birthdays and Halloween. This one will be one of the biggest so far. This October, we celebrate little Moose's first birthday! I have been preparing for it for a few months now, and am now kicking into gear to get everything done in time.
Moose is have a almost completely DIY How to Train Your Dragon party and So far, I have made everything from 2 different shirts (one for his actual birthday and one for the party) to his one year picture photo props, to all of the decorations. I still have to finish most of the decorations and track down all of my recipes that I lost when I got a new phone. All of the cupcakes will be made and decorated by me the morning of his party, which is super time consuming as Ethan is dairy free (dairy intolerance) so not only do I need to make cupcakes for 20-30 guests, but. Batch of dairy free cupcakes from scratch as well.. So much to do, so little time!
On top of Ethan's party to prepare for, we also have another first birthday for a good friend's daughter the weekend before Moose's party and a 2nd birthday party for one of Moose's cousins who's birthday is the day after. And Halloween!
Oh Halloween! I'm so excited for this year! With Ethan walking and having so much fun being out of the house and interacting with people, it should be the best year yet! Have I mentioned that I'll be putting together his costume too? No? Yeah, on top of everything else, I'll be making  Moose's costume too. It should be fairly easy, he is going at Hiccup Horrendous Haddock, the main character from How to Train Your Dragon (see a theme going on here?).
I can't wait to share pictures of Ethan's birthday, party, and his costume as I get it all finished!

Is there anything you're looking forward to this October? Do you enjoy doing DIY projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment